Monday, July 9, 2012

Last year...

Exactly this time last year I was complacent. Sure, most people would say that with life complacency isn't the best thing but it's better than being on a downward spiral to who knows where. 

This time last year I had a small group of friends that I loved. I hung out with them almost everyday and if I wasn't with them I was constantly communicating with them.  My best friend and I never fought and I knew I could count on her for anything. To make a long story short I was in a really good place in my life. I was even able to eat in front of people. Granted they were small meals or a snack but it was a huge adjustment from where I had been.

Flash forward to this year and I no longer hang out with any of those people. I rarely talk to them actually. That best friend that I never fought with and I thought I could count on... well I was wrong. And I'm back to not being able to eat in public. 

It hurts to think how so much can change in a year. I'm in the process of change again. Losing another best friend... AND my little brothers. I'm not sure how I'm going to get through the goodbye. My heart is already aching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment