When I turned in the food journal there was a medical student in the room with us and the whole time she seemed like she was preoccupied. It was like the medical student was making gestures or talking behind my back and she was trying to pay attention to both of us so I didn't have her full attention. I was self-consious the entire time and frustrated.
Finally, I handed her the food journal and she flipped through it with the resident at her side. She whispered to the resident "with as little as she's eating you would think she would be thinner". I so badly wanted to scream, "HELLO! I'M STILL IN THE ROOM. I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!" Thoughts were racing in my head, insecurities were resurfacing.
She then told me "You really need to try 3 meals a day. Snack in between those would be a good idea too." REALLY? After everything I just heard that's the last thing I want to do.
That was a week ago and it is still bothering me. Her words keep replaying back in my head. Other thoughts and my own insecurities are piling on top of those. I don't know who trust anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment